What You Should Know
In the midst of recent developments of the Coronavirus, life is going to be looking a little different at the Quad-Parishes the next several weeks! While we will not be able to gather together, we know there are many ways that we can stay connected as parish communities and discover Home, Hope and Holiness in new and unexpected ways. We hope to continue to communicate and stay connected to help our parish families grow spiritually so when we do come back together, our hearts will be on fire for the Lord! The parish
staff has been working on plans for the upcoming weeks of parish ministry. Our priorities are as follows.
1. Communication: Create reliable avenues of communication to our parishioners and for our parishioners to be able to contact parish staff.
This includes a digital presence and also connecting with those who are not able to access information online.
A. Contacting the Parish Office & Staff at 920-496-2160
– The Quad-Parish Business Office and Faith Formation Office will be closed to walk-in traffic beginning Friday, March 20th until further notice.
– If you have questions or would like to get in touch, staff will be covering the phone lines Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm at 920-496-2160. Staff will also be checking
voicemail messages, emails and contacts made through the parish website and Facebook.
– Visits will be by appointments only and can be scheduled by contacting the Quad-Parish Office.
B. The Parish Website www.quad-parish.org and the QuadParish Facebook page will continue to be updated. Please stop by frequently for resources and support.
C. All parish families will be mailed a copy of the parish bulletin within the next week. We will continue to publish the parish bulletin weekly online at www.quad-parish.org. If you would like to receive the bulletin by email, please contact the Quad-Parish Office. If you are unable to receive future bulletins digitally during this time, please let us know. As resources, staffing and regulations permit, we are looking at how we can mail bulletins to those parishioners who do not have internet access.
2. Prayer & Support: Continue to provide a pastoral presence in the life of our parishes and communities through prayer and support.
A. Masses throughout the Diocese of Green Bay have been suspended until further notice. We encourage families to continue to devote time to prayer. There are many opportunities to view and listen to the daily and Sunday Masses on tv, radio and online. Here are just a few:
– Bishop Ricken will celebrate a 30 minute Mass each Sunday during the suspension of public attendance and it will be broadcasted on WFRV Local 5 at 10:30 am Sunday Mass is also available on WBAY at 5:30 am Sunday morning, and on CW14 at 8:00 am.
– EWTN broadcasts Sunday Mass at 7am, 11am, 6pm and 11pm.
– Radio Mass is available on Relevant Radio, 1050 AM Sunday Mass is at 9am and Monday-Saturday Masses at 7:30pm.
– Daily Mass is live streamed Monday through Friday from the campus of Relevant Radio here in Green Bay at 7:30am. You can access the Mass at the Relevant Radio app, or at this link https://relevantradio.com/faith/dailymass-video/.
B. Fr. Dave, Fr. Greg and the parish staff will continue to be available to take calls and be a spiritual support to our families. Fr. Dave and Fr. Greg will be offering Mass privately and will continue to pray for our parishes and communities. Scheduled Mass intentions will be honored.
C. Please contact us for information about the Sacraments of Confession, Baptism, Matrimony, Anointing of the Sick and receiving Holy Communion, which may only be administered individually to the faithful for grave reasons at this time. New regulations are in place.
D. If the need arises, please contact us for information about Funeral Planning. New regulations are in place.
E. If you or someone you know needs a few extra prayers, please submit your request to the Prayer Vine online at www.quad-parish.org or call the Quad-Parish Office.
3. Hope Center: Support the efforts of the Hope Center as they provide necessities to our neighbors in need.
A. St. Patrick’s Pantry and Love Life ministry will continue to support our communities through the pandemic and especially after. At this time, they are asking people to call
ahead to request their needs. As bags are ready, they will be placed outside for supervised pick-up. If you or someone you know are in need, contact:
St. Patrick Pantry: (920) 437-3356
Love Life: Ministry: (920) 497-1087
B. Relief Volunteers Needed. The Pantry and Love Life are run primarily by retired volunteers, many who will not be able to help during this current situation due to health concerns. If you are available to help pack carryout food bags or baby layettes for families, please contact the QuadParish Office.
C. Food donations can be dropped off at the QuadParish Office between 9am and 1pm on Thursdays. The front entrance on Kellogg St will be open. Donations should be placed in the entrance way.
D. Monetary donations can be made online at www.hopecentergb.org or mailed to 1087 Kellogg St, GB 54303. Make checks payable to St Patrick Food Pantry or
4. Growing in Faith: Offer resources for our parish communities as we focus on growing our faith through this unique situation. As people of faith we put our hope in Jesus Christ.
A. Resources for Prayer and Adult Faith Formation will be provided through the website, facebook and parish bulletin publications as resources become available.
B. Faith Formation classes for Children and Youth will be canceled for the remainder of the year. We hope this will be a time for our families to grow in prayer together. The faith formation staff will provide resources for families twice a week. Families Growing in Faith resources will include information and activities on a new theme each week. Family Gospel Time resources will provide age specific resources to reflect on the Mass and Sunday Gospel each weekend.
C. First Communion and Confirmation preparations are on hold. We ask the First Communion families to continue working through their Blessed First Communion materials at home. Families will be notified of dates for the Sacraments once restrictions on gathering for Masses have been lifted. Confirmation preparation is postponed until further notice.
5. Following the Holy Spirit & Sharing our Gifts: We have an unique opportunity to be the Body of Christ in the next several weeks!
A. It has been exciting to hear our parishioners sharing ideas on how we can share our faith and hope in Christ with others. We pray the Holy Spirit continues to connect and inspire us through this journey.
B. It is because of your gracious giving that our parishes are able to continue to offer support and ministry during this time. We are taking cost-saving measures but the financial needs of the churches will continue. Contributions can be mailed to the Quad-Parish Business Office – 1087 Kellogg Street, Green Bay, WI 54303 or you may call the office to make a one-time or recurring financial gift through an automatic banking transaction.
C. Scrip. We still need gas, groceries and prescriptions and can shop online with many retailers including Amazon. Scrip will be available at the Quad-Parish Office on Thursdays from 9am-1pm. We encourage you to email [email protected] or call the Quad- Parish Office to place your order. We will pull your order and have it ready
for you to pick up. If you are interested in purchasing your Scrip online or with the Scrip Wallet App, please call the parish office for information.
– All in-person events and meetings have been canceled and some will be rescheduled as we are able. All parish groups are asked to follow these directives and cancel meetings, or meet remotely until further notice.
– Refunds for the Jeff Cavins Event will be issued soon.