Mass Updates May 2021
May 30, 2021
We have GOOD NEWS to share!
In response to a Diocesan webinar on May 25 regarding updated Mass guidelines, the following changes will now be in place:
1. The wearing of masks at Mass is now optional. Masks are still “highly encouraged” for those not fully vaccinated or for those who feel more comfortable or safer wearing one.
2. The first rows of the right side section(s) (while facing the altar) will be reserved for those who wish to wear a mask AND maintain social-distancing.
3. Hand sanitizer will be encouraged as you enter.
4. Holy water fonts may be used.
5. We will return to using Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist. Those distributing must use hand sanitizer before and after distribution and wear a mask while distributing the Blessed Sacrament. Distribution of the Precious Blood will remain suspended at this time. Please speak to the sacristan or Father prior to Mass to see if distribution assistance is needed.
Blessings on your weekend.