ST. JUDE PARISH
St. Jude Parish is a Catholic Community bound together by baptism and faith in Jesus Christ. We gather to worship God and hear the Gospel message. The Gospel calls us to serve others and to be a sign of God’s love, justice, peace, unity and reconciliation in the world. As we journey together, we strive to know Jesus better and to use our gifts of time, talent and treasure for the building of God’s kingdom.
St. Jude is the patron of lost causes.
Feast Day: October 28th
Bishop Stanislaus V. Bona made the official announcement establishing St. Jude Parish on June 17, 1957. Father Anthony Baier was appointed the founding pastor.
Soon after the formal announcement was made, a rectory was built at 503 N. Platten Street. Sunday masses were held at Annunciation Church, weekday masses and parish meetings were held in the newly constructed rectory. Contracts for the church-school-convent complex were let on March 11, 1958. Groundbreaking took place March 30, 1958. The church was completed on December 14, 1958. The first Mass was celebrated in St. Jude Church on December 14, 1958.