Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Annunciation Parish is a worship community called by God and those around us to make His presence felt
in the lives of many people. In order to do this, we educate those who do not understand, inspire those who have no dreams, bring justice and dignity to those who have been oppressed, and bring near those who are far away.
Mary information …
(Image of Patron)
In the spring of 1932, Rev. William H. Kiernan was appointed to establish the eighth Catholic parish in Green Bay and the third parish on the west side. The new parish was named “The Congregation of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.”
When Annunciation Parish was established, most of the parishioners were of German descent. There was nothing in the area at the time but cabbage fields and frog ponds.
Annunciation School opened in September of 1933 and was served by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, Wisconsin, until June of 1980.